Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quickest Ever Scrapbook

If you are like me and will never finish putting together a photo album or special-event scrapbook, here is the Quickest Ever Scrapbook that allows you to have physical results in hardly any time.

Step 1:

Forget about perfection. Would you rather have a product or not have a product? This is what I have to ask myself when putting together the Quickest Ever Scrapbook.

Step 2:

Buy the simple two-pocket, three-hole folders whenever you see them on sale. I think I got my last stockpile for a few cents each during school supplies shopping season. The project becomes even easier if you buy letter stickers whenever they are on sale.

Step 3:

Take pictures of the event.

Step 4:

Print out a coloring page that goes with the theme of the event. Have your child color it and glue it to the front of the folder. You could also use stickers or any other kind of decoration that is quick and easy for you and your child.

Step 5:

Use letter stickers to spell out the name of the event.

Step 6:

Print out some of your photos and gather together any other items from the event like tickets, cards, or brochures.

Step 7:

Use a three-hole punch to punch holes in the printed photos, cards, and anything else that can fit into the three-hole punched section of the folder. The odds and ends that don't fit can be put into the folder's pockets or glued around the inside and outside of the folder. Some folders have brads to attach the pages and some don't. If your folder does not have brads, simply tie string or thin ribbon through the holes to contain the pages.

Step 8:

You're done!

I have a folder full of little trinkets, cards, and items from my son's birthday last year. It is one year later and I still have done nothing with it. This year I gave myself permission to make the Quickest Ever Scrapbook, and I have already finished this year's birthday scrapbook:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...