Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi for Lunch

I thought this was a fun idea from Jif, which I found through bon appetit (which I believe I found through Money Saving Mom's website).

I did have to pin the rolls together with toothpicks. Just before serving them to my toddler, I took them out. (I also placed the "just for fun" chopsticks out of his reach. :)






Our younger son enjoyed it:





Our older son tried the chopsticks:





Then gave up and ate:





Summary:

The lunch was enjoyed.
It was easy to make and put together.
Do not bother with the chopsticks, even for fun, if your children are like mine! (They love play-fighting and don't know how to use chopsticks.)
I don't think this was an all-time favorite, but if the plan is same-old peanut butter and jelly anyway, this is a more exciting way to do it.

2 comments:

  1. I like that idea a lot. Very cute. It may be the way to get my daughter to eat carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know why, but for some reason, pb&j is just never a staple in our house! this reminds me to not only make it one, but make it fun, too! thanks for visiting my blog... and making the trip over from i can teach my child!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...