Thursday, March 24, 2011
Children's Learning Activities Blog
Take a look at the Children's Learning Activities blog. By choosing the label you're looking for, you can find activities geared to preschool, pre-toddlers, toddlers, different holidays, babies, literacy, Montessori, fine motor skills, alphabet, surviving winter, summer activities, and many, many more.
The blog is written by a team of four stay-at-home moms who enjoy creating and rounding up learning activities to share. Three of them are former teachers of ages ranging from kindergarten to junior high school. The fourth teaches her children a preschool curriculum at home and is the author of the Chronicles of a Babywise Mom blog, which is how I found her and, later, the Children's Learning Activities blog.
The activities are easy to set up, especially if you tweak them to suit your own tastes, purposes, and materials. They are eminently tweakable! I have been able to do many of them using things I had around the house. Other activities sounded great, and when I later saw some of the required materials on a good sale, I picked them up and went back to the blog for instructions.
These are some of the activities from the blog that I've used with my 4-year-old and/or toddler:
Stringing Sponges
Homemade Highways
Valentine Dump Truck Card
Surviving Winter: Once There Was A Snowman
Letter Factory
Surviving Winter: Bath Play
Pre-Toddlers/Early Toddlers and Coloring
Christmas Traditions Around the World
Chalkboard Letter Drills
Snowmen Ornaments
Learning Poster
...and more
Enjoy!
Labels:
activities,
babies,
homeschool,
homeschoolers,
preschoolers,
private school,
public school,
toddlers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment