Saturday, August 27, 2011

First Week of School Lunch Favorites

This week, I made my son this Orange You Glad... lunch from dayliciously bento and this Hook, line and sinker! lunch from Cookie Cutter Lunch and various sandwich/rice/macaroni and cheese/pretzels/animal crackers/peas/fruit combinations in his new yubo Pirates lunchbox.

I sent lunchbox notes in his lunch each day, some with messages, some with a smiling star image. After talking with him, I had to make sure to write "To: [his name]" at the beginning and "From: Mom" at the end or else he was convinced they were for him to bring home to me.

It is always revealing, and surprising, what we find out when we ask our children.

His favorite lunch items this week were: a turkey-cheese-lettuce sandwich with ranch dressing instead of mayo, the smiling star picture, animal crackers, and the pirate-decorated sandwich bags I found in the dollar section at Target this summer.

Maybe I can skip the pretty food next week? And reuse and stock up on those pirate sandwich bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...