Friday, August 19, 2011

Update On Learning a Phone Number

I posted how I was teaching my son my cell phone number here. The update is that he has completely learned it. I estimate it took three minutes per day for five days going over it. He liked the drills, which was a bonus, and probably attributable to my using the character stickers.

At this point he was only stuck on the very last digit.

He requested that I put the cards I had made - with the phone number broken into three sections - in his backpack so he could take them to kindergarten. I put them in his backpack. A couple of days later I saw he had taken them out during his playtime in his room.

Voila! He now solidly knows the whole phone number. The final step of him looking at it on his own was all that was needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...